My phone is not working properly what can I do?
There are a number of simple checks you can do before you call us to report a fault.
Test a different phone
Remove any extension cables and try plugging a different phone (not a cordless phone) directly into the test socket behind your main telephone socket there is a picture of this below.Now try a test call and note the outcome (if you need to phone us this is handy information to give to our team member).
Ensure your cordless phone is fully charged
If you have a cordless phone check that the batteries are fully charged.
Check your microfilters
Make sure that every piece of equipment connected to your line has a microfilter attached. If you don't use microfilters this will create interference - which will affect the quality of your Home Phone calls.
Also, one or more of your microfilters may be faulty. You can test these by replacing them with new microfilters.
Try calling a different number
If you are getting noisy/poor call quality when only ringing the same number it is likely that the other number has a service problem.
If you are still having problems, there may be a fault with the supplier network and we recommend you contact the Primus Customer Service Team who will test out your phone line and where necessary log a fault.
We will usually ask you some questions such as the following:
- Have you tried using another phone?
- If you have a cordless phone, have you charged or changed the batteries?
- Have you checked the microfilter set up and/or tried a different microfilter?
- Does the line noise occur on all calls that you make or is it intermittent?
- Does the line still appear noisy or crackle when you plug directly into the master socket?
- Have you tried calling more than one number and checked the dialling code you are using is correct?
How can I log a fault with Primus?
Simply call 0800 036 3839
Back to top
Back to Help